The architecture programme educates leading practitioners of the discipline. AHO is internationally respected and a preferred partner among the world’s leading universities. With a special focus on the integration of built form and the environment, it addresses contemporary issues in architecture, visions of the future and the heritage of Scandinavian design.
AHO emphasises the relationship between thinking and building in the context of research and design, and offers a broad spectrum of approaches to architectural design. The program is organized around specific areas of focus that define individual viewpoints, whether through the particulars of architectonic realization, urban complexity and spatial development, theory’s critical challenge or the implicit value of the existing built environment.
Comprehensive studio courses are the key elements of the academic programmes at AHO. The studio courses focus on project work, integrating academic knowledge and applied skills. A low faculty to student ratio of one to eight encourages individual development and collaboration. AHO has an international faculty that provides the necessary breadth of a contemporary architecture and design education.
1. That you have equivalent to 180 ECTS with this course combination:
– Material technology – 5 ECTS
- Structural mechanics and building construction – 10 ECTS
– Architectural history – 30 ECTS
– Urbanism – 60 ECTS
– Engineering/Planning/Projecting – 80 ECTS
– Introduction to philosophy and method – 10 ECTS
NOTE: Some of the subjects listed above may overlap. You may have more or fewer ECTS in some of the subjects mentioned above. The requirement is that you must have completed a total of 180 ECTS.
2. That you have satisfactory English skills.
Document your English skills through one of the following options:
– TOEFL iBT: (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition with a minimum score of 80 points. AHO TOEFL code: 5000
– IELTS Academic version, International English Language. Testing Service, British Council, with an overall band score of minimum 6.5 points
– Certificate in Advanced English or Certificate of Proficiency in English from University of Cambridge
The test results can not be more than 2 years old, i.e. March 1st 2019.
There are some exeptions from the English requirements. Click here
English / Norwegian
+47 22 99 70 00
Arkitektur- og designhøgskolen, Maridalsveien 29, 0175 Oslo, Norway