The faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment has a leading role in education and research worldwide. The driving force behind the faculty’s success is its robust research profile combined with the passion and creativity of its student body and academic community. It is a place that is buzzing with life from early in the morning until late at night, with four thousand people studying, working, designing, conducting research and acquiring and disseminating knowledge. Academics and students have been working on improving the built environment with the help of a broad set of disciplines, including architectural design, urban planning, building technology, social sciences, process management, and geo-information science. The faculty works closely with other faculties, universities, private parties, and the public sector, and has an extensive network in the Netherlands as well as internationally.
The Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment at TU Delft:
– educates students to become excellent architectural engineers: from building technologists and urbanists to architects, landscape architects, real estate experts and geodata specialists, working at both national and international levels;
– has a unique teaching concept and has a broad Bachelor’s programme, two Master’s programmes (incorporating five tracks) and diverse post-graduate programmes;
– brings research and education closer together and has a broad research area, from the theory of architecture to design-driven research;
– has a strong international community with over 30% foreign Master’s students and staff from 42 countries;
– gives hundreds of lectures, symposia, presentations, exhibitions, masterclasses annually, which are also open to the public. The faculty is also represented at international events such as the Biennales in Venice and Moscow.